It is Nature’s Odor Neutralizer
Tidy Tips helps you maintain your home, and Tidy Tip #2 utilizes the economical easy-to-use and easy-to-find Baking Soda. Maid Green Maid Clean Since 2006® wants your home to stay clean and fresh between visits.
- Fridge Odors–Open a small box of Baking Soda and place it in the back corner of your refrigerator to neutralize noxious odors. Refresh monthly.
- Garbage Odors—Make a baking soda sachet and place it in the bottom of the trash can. How? Pour a heaping amount of baking soda into a coffee filter, and close it up tight using a twist tie. For a metal can, you’ll need to take this extra precaution to avoid corrosion.
- Carpet Odors—Vacuum the carpet, sprinkle baking soda, let sit for at least 2 hours or overnight. Vacuum. Best Practice: Do not walk on the treated carpet.
- Air Freshener–Place 1/3 cup of baking soda to a small mason jar. Scented Option: add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Cover with cheesecloth and secure with string or the mason jar band. When the scent begins to fade, give the jar a shake.
- Freshen Drains—Pour 1/3 cup of baking soda in the drain first, then add 1/3 cup of vinegar. Wait 3-5 minutes, then flush with warm water for 1 minute.
Using Baking Soda, a naturally occurring compound, allows you to control household odors without using harmful substances which are found in many store-bought products. Baking Soda is extremely affordable because it is a simple ingredient which is often in your pantry.
If keeping a non-toxic green home is a priority, Maid Green Maid Clean Since 2006® is your answer. Baking-soda based cleaners are part of our daily cleaning arsenal. Family coming for the Holiday? Call Maid Green Maid Clean Since 2006® today to schedule your cleaning service.