Ants are social insects, have you accidentally invited them into your home? Since ants are social where a consistent food source is available, they will be there, with their friends, and soon… you’ll have a colony. Preventative measures include a clean floors and entryways, food in sealed containers and frequently emptying trash receptacles.
Tidy Tips for naturally repelling* common ants in your home:
1. Essential Oils: Use essential oils such as peppermint, citrus oil and tea tree oil to make an ant-repellent spray. Fill a spray bottle with 1 cup of water, 10 drops of tea tree oil, 10 drops of peppermint oil and 10 drops of citrus oil. Shake well and spray areas where ants are commonly found, including baseboards, window tracks.
2. White Vinegar: Vinegar spray makes great natural ant repellent. Fill a spray bottle with equal amounts of common white vinegar and water. Shake well and spray areas where ants enter the home such as entryways, floor drains, utility lines, cracks and seams in walls, etc.
3. Cornmeal: Cornmeal is a natural repellent, sprinkle cornmeal around ant nests and entry points, which repels them but does not kill them.
If keeping a clean, non-toxic green home is a priority, Maid Green Made Clean Since 2006® is your answer. Cleaning for health first and appearance second without compromise. Call Maid Green Made Clean Since 2006® today to schedule your cleaning service.
Five Ant Factoids:
1. An ant can lift 20 times its own body weight.
2. Ants don’t have ears. Ants “hear” by feeling vibrations in the ground through their feet.
3. Ants don’t have lungs. Oxygen enters through tiny holes all over the body and carbon dioxide leaves through the same holes.
4. When foraging, ants leave a pheromone trail so that they know where they’ve been.
5. When ants fight, it is usually to the death!
*Please Note: Always take necessary precautions regarding the health and safety of your children and pets when using any insect repellant.
Schedule Your Spring Cleaning Now
A clean home is a happy home.
Call Us Now ● 877-753-6243 ● www.maidgreen.com